2009年10月16日 星期五

task 2

When we were little kids, the elders like our mothers or teachers often tended to say “It’s for your own good!” But children who are not mature enough cannot understand their real motives at all. On the contrary, we would just consider them nagging and annoying. These kinds of thoughts drive adults mad and sometimes break the relationship between them and kids.
As far as I’m concerned, the one who makes me profoundly realize the idea of “’I am doing this for YOU!’ but I couldn’t really feel that when I was involved in it” is my senior high school teacher. She was my advice teacher who taught Chinese in my class through the second and the third year. When I recall her now, I can bet that she is DEFINITELY one of the best teachers in this world. But I didn’t know this when I was in her class and I believe that all of my classmates would agree with me at that time.
My advice teacher in senior high is a romantic person but with firm rules. This description explains everything. She can be your friend who is willing to give you a lot of useful suggestions. However, when we played students in her class, the suggestions all became bothering words. For example, she might tell us how to read a lot which could benefit us definitely. It’s true. But we refused to accept the advice for students in senior high school have already had a variety of subjects to study. There were just few would listen to her and read more at that time. Besides, in order to improve students’ writing ability, she liked to ask everyone to write a beautiful sentence which was derived from any books we have read on the blackboard by turns every day and other classmates had to write it down on their own notebooks. Some might do it diligently, but most of us were lazy, thinking it redundant and annoying.
She would also like to tell us some moral lessons like how to be a good person or how to deal with something. I remember she once said that girls had better not have a boyfriend too soon after going to university because there is some more duty for us students and also we should know more about guys before having further relationship. People now might think this concept old-fashioned, and that’s what we thought at that time.
After I graduated from senior high school and became a university student, I realized my advice teacher’s good intention gradually. I find my writing ability and creativity are not as good as some classmates, which I think can be improved if I listened to her to read more. Besides, I start to agree with her suggestions about the moral lessons. Now I sometimes even go visit her to ask for some advice or share my university life with her which I couldn’t imagine when I was her student.
I think people all do this kind of inconsiderate things when we are little. It’s good to rethink the whole incident again and get the new and good ideas from it. And I don’t think it stupid to be rude to others’ good intention because that’s part of our lives. Once we know the lesson, we don’t waste the experience. In addition, I learn to treasure the relationships between my family, friends and me because of the good intention is the most touched thing in the world for I know there are people caring about me.

沒有留言:

張貼留言