2009年10月5日 星期一

Reflection of what I've got during this summer vacation

During this summer vacation, I joined the volunteering program of the foreign languages department, which is aimed to help the students who live far away from the city receiving resources less than the students living in the urban area do.
Originally I didn’t join this program because I love children there, actually I never met those kids before and I didn’t even know their names. I have talked to the team and teachers there that I joined them to find something back. What I wanted to get back were passion and motivation. I don’t know if it’s hard for others to understand why I was searching for what people may consider normally existing in our mind. But I certainly felt that I didn’t have them in my mind for a period because I encountered many miserable events during my sophomore year. Among those events, the most influential one is that I worked at a cram school and experienced the dark side of peoples’ personalities and of this industry. Because of that, my personality and value are transformed into a more indifferent one. For example, I would consider something as others’ business and would not want to help them actively because people at my workplace were all like that. What’s worse, I took this idea for granted as if I were born to be so mean! This depiction might be a little bit exaggerated, but I still cannot imagine going back to be such a selfish person.
Fortunately, I found my passion and motivation back and also became happier after I joined the team and got along with innocent children. My team members and children always brought me lots of encouragement and confidence, which are all deeply and truly from their hearts and make me warm. With accompanies and supports from them, I am always willing to share my own opinions frankly and work with them with all my efforts.
Since now I have gained more energy to live my life, and have made those good and special friends of the team, I hope I can use the positive power to do more meaningful things and return it to other people.

沒有留言:

張貼留言