2010年4月3日 星期六

ENG, we are NO.1 NO.1!!

The cheerleading contest was over on this Wednesday, which also ended the Foreign Language Month for our College. I must say that this experience is one of my beautiful memories in my university life.

This was my first time joined the cheerleading team, which means I never danced like a cheerleader before and I didn’t understand the technical terms for cheerleading either. The only experience I’ve ever had related to this exercise was watched the show and marveled at the amazing skills cheerleaders made. Moreover, I NEVER thought that one day I would be one of them because I think I like ballroom dancing more. And that was also why I didn’t join the team in my freshman year, when some of my good friends were in: I was preparing for the annual ballroom dancing performance and could not spare time to do that. But looking at my classmates’ smiles and feeling their passion, I at that time promised myself that I have to attend the big event as a contestant in my junior year.

However, just as the old saying goes, “the plan cannot keep up with the pace of the changes,” I didn’t expect that I would take so many courses for my second semester in junior year, and then I fell into the dilemma that I couldn’t decide whether to join or not because I was worried about the academic performance would be influenced by the training which took everyone lots of time and vigor. But finally I still participated in for fulfilling my dream. Now when I recall the whole process, I think I will feel regret if I didn’t make the right decision to work with the wonderful members.

Apart from learning to dance and do the techniques, I also make an unforgettable memory with all the partners on the team. That’s what I got during this month. At the very beginning, I might feel uncomfortable or unconfident in the group which was composed of freshmen mostly because I didn’t know them very well and couldn’t dance correctly. Besides, I haven’t exercise that hard for a while, so the enormous physical efforts made me exhausted and once want to give up. I still remember at first I could not prop my body up for one of the steps we did to relax our muscles, which is called “exorcist” because that looked like the girl in the movie. But with the days passing, I gradually got used to the schedule which I needed to have my dinner earlier and then rushed to the building where we practiced. I also made friends with everyone and fell in love with them all. I like to play games and run the whole routine with everyone laughing heartily. Moreover, I found I become stronger and muscular that I could do the exorcist to brace myself for a while. I like myself to be healthy And of course this experience makes me realize many aspects of cheerleading that I didn’t know before. I learned the techniques and realized that this exercise, which requires not only the proficiency but also the solid relationship between the all, is different from ballroom dancing, which takes more individual work.

No matter what prize we get at last, I think what really counts is the process, not the outcome. I’m very grateful for the cheerleading team and I’m really proud of everyone.

1 則留言:

  1. dear Becky, I remembered seeing some cheerleader teams practicing this semester and suddenly the semester is over. I'm also glad for you(though it's too late to say) that you choose to join the activity. And you've finished your RP and papers now, have a good summer vacation : )

    Carrie

    回覆刪除